Australian UB Tournament
Coordinating TO: Michael Clarke
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2555999631114884/
This will be an internet tournament using universal battle.
There will be no prizes apart from the glory of becoming Australia’s 2nd UB league champion
There will be 3 rounds over 6 weeks starting 17th December 2019 using 3rd Edition rules.
17 December 2019
31 December 2019
1 January 2020
12 January 2020
13 January 2020
23 January 2020
I will be using Tabletop.to to organise rounds etc – please signup to the event.
The match-ups of the first round (Game 1) will be random – no grudges allowed as I am too lazy to keep track of them.
In the following rounds (Game 2 onwards) players will be paired using the Swiss pairing system. Once players have completed their game in a given round they should enter results into tabletop.to or send the results to me at the above email address.
After a game the points will be assigned using the Blackjack scoring system.
Rounds will be randomly picked at the start each round and notified on the above website and in Tabletop.to.
Scoring sheet will also be loaded to the main website above.
Please enter your results on tabletop.to or email to me at DarthSabreGaming@bigpond.com
Conceding a game results in a 21-0 to your opponent with your opponent receiving 2000 attrition points for the purposes of a tie breaking.
Winning the Tournament
The winner is determined at the end of the last game (Game 3) according to the following criteria:
· The player with the most TPs will be the winner
· In the case of players have the same TPs, the winner will be that with the highest attrition score
· If both TP and attrition are matched, then games where these players played each other during the tournament will be analysed. The winner will reflect the winner of that match up
· If the players cannot be split then there will be a joint winner
Crowd at the UB interface
If one player feels discomfort with people being present you can request that the battle is played in private (ie password protected).
In the interest of consistency the terrain will be standardized as per below:
· Hills – height 3
· Swamp, rivers, marshes, ponds – Flat and Difficult – Height 0
· Obstacles – Height 2
· Buildings/Impassable – Height 4
· Forests – Height 6 Difficult
The map applicable for that round will be randomly determined and notified on the above website. Copy of the map will be included and created on UB.
Will be randomly chosen by me from the scenarios in the main rulebook and notified on the above website. The scenario rules will be posted on the website
This tournament uses the Kings of War 3nd Edition Rules rules.
A maximum army total of 2,000 points can be chosen, using army composition details listed in the main rule book. All armies in the main rule book and Uncharted Empires (3rd Edition) can be used. Armies can be changed during rounds.
Kings of War Historical lists WILL not be allowed
· Please refer to the 3rd Edition Main Rulebook and Uncharted Empires
· Living Legends are allowed in your main force (not allies)
· You may take allies up to 25% of your total force following the selection rules in the rulebook
You are NOT required to submit a copy of your list to me at the start of the tournament but you should provide your opponent with a copy of your lists and stats before each game.